Darwinia Network is a decentralized heterogeneous cross-chain bridge protocol built on Substrate, focusing on decentralized cross-chain token swap, exchange and market. Darwinia also serves as critical infrastructure for single-chain application upgrade to cross-chain version, including Defi, Game, DEX, NFT market, etc. Our vision is to build future Internet of Tokens.
Darwinia won Web3 Grant and joined Web3.0 bootcamp and Substrate Builder Program. Darwinia is also a friend of Polkadot and Substrate in Polkadot Light-paper.
- ETH-Relay module open source
- Launched Darwinia PoC-3 IceFrog Testnet
- Launched Darwinia Web Wallet
- Successfully finished developing Etehreum Linear Relay
- Launched Darwinia PoC-4 Crab Testnet
- Published tech details of Darwinia Relay
- Darwinia Chain Relay and Darwinia decentralized heterogeneous cross-chain solution got recognized by Alistair Stewart（lead researcher at Web3 Foundation）and Fatemeh Shirazi（research team lead of Web3 Foundation）
- Completed the research and design of Darwinia Relay Relayer Game and entered the development stage of Darwinia Relay
- Won Web3 Foundation Grant
- Joined Substrate Builder Program
- Announced strategic partnership with MathWallet
- Selected to join the first Web3 Foundation Bootcamp
- Became one of the friends of Substrate and Polkadot in Polkadot Light-Paper
- Announced cooperation with Ankr Network
- Added into Polkadot Venture Network as featured project
- Launched Darwinia Bounty program
10+AMA panel/speech home and broad
- China: PolkaBase、BigOne、HotBit、Chainnode、Biki, etc.
- Overseas: #BGU2020、Sub0 Conference、Polkadot Webinar、Web 3.0 Talks、Ready Layer One, etc.
Crab Grand Node Prix
- 310 nodes participated, including 132 validators and nominators, 178 full node
- 1180 independent addresses participated in the nomination from the community
- Generated 22000+ transactions
- Generated 12000+ Crab addresses
- 1245 users participated in the Twitter and Weibo events
- Wechat subscription: 2114
Darwinia & MathWallet joint NFT event
- Twitter: views 22338; forward 361; participants 911; valid address 263
- Weibo: views 31000; forwarding 320; commenting 124; participate 938; valid address 346
What is the Darwinia Team working on now?
Crab Network is about to launch, we will run this testnet for at least 1 month to determine if it is ready to launch the Mainnet. If all goes well, we will launch the mainnet in Q3. Prior to this, we will also collaborate with other technical partners to complete code auditing and testing.
Ethereum<->Darwinia cross-chain bridge
Unlike the traditional bridging technology based on linear relay design, the Ethereum bridge we are developing is based on the design of Darwinia Relay. It is planned to include a one-way bridge from Ethereum to Darwinia when the mainnet launches, and the bridge from Darwinia to Ethereum is going to be built after the mainnet launch.
DAI cross-chain token bridge
Darwinia has been reaching out to the MakerDAO Foundation and has proposed to establish a decentralized cross-chain token bridge for DAI, so that DAI can cross-chain from Ethereum to Polkadot. The proposal is under review.
Darwinia Chain Relay Technical White Paper
The technical architecture design and feasibility verification have been completed. The paper is under review.
Bridge application aggregation portal (bapp.darwinia.network)
This is a brand-new bridge application aggregation portal designed from a cross-chain perspective. Here you will find cross-chain applications between various public chains. The bridge application from Ethereum to Darwinia will also be displayed here.
How to evaluate the performance of Polkadot/Substrate 2020 in the first half of the year?
In general, excellent and impressive.
As the latest blockchain technology framework, Substrate has shown many advantages of forward-looking design. We look forward to the early launch of Substrate 2.0 stable version. We also look forward to the continuous improvement and maturity of Substrate in framework design, which will benefit ecological developers.
Kusama/Polkadot has brought new ideas to the industry by using the on-chain upgrade and the canary network’s gradually decentralized operation model. Polkadot development research is progressing smoothly. We also look forward to see more research and development progress regarding para-chain and XCMP.
As a bridge project in the Polkadot ecosystem, Darwinia will continue to cultivate deeply and provide heterogeneous cross-chain services and support for Polkadot and Polkadot Ecological projects by building more cross-chain bridges between public chains.